Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Just a typical day of gratitude

Have you ever just had one of those days when you are so very grateful even for the smallest things in life. Well I call those smallest things the most important. Today was not unlike any other in many ways except that it was a new day in my life. I awoke to the sounds of birds and the view from my mountain home I call my sanctuary. The wind was howling outside and the last leaves of fall were blowing to the ground. It was raining yellow and gold outside my windows. The leaves added to the carpet of color already covering my yard. The birds were taking turns flying to and fro for their morning meal from the many feeders I have placed outside for their eating and my viewing pleasure. My wind chimes were playing a faster tune with the wind. Clouds rolled by as though they were in a hurry although I sat inside and bid my time for the day ahead.The dripping of my coffee pot was the only thing louder than the nature noises outside. I was feeling blessed and grateful once again for this place of peace I have found nestled here in the mountains of Gerton, NC just a few miles from downtown Asheville that I love. I sleepily rose from my bed to greet the day and was once again in awe that I am able to do so here in this space. Each day brings with it a new awareness and appreciation of life. I do my morning ritual of turning on the computer to connect with others in the outside world before I head down the mountain to work. I hear the music of this place and think of this music which also brings me joy of the morning that has broken to awaken my day into this world as I know it and listen to Cat Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment