Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bare trees and new views


As I watch the beautiful fall colors come and go I am reminded once again of the ways of life. We are like nature as our life changes and flows with the seasons outside and inside of us. This law of life applies to young and old alike.

When you think of the urge to hang onto something that needs to go and change maybe one should compare it to the leaves. If a leaf hangs on and does not change it does not get a chance to show its true colors. It instead withers and dies and falls to the ground. If it goes with the flow of nature and changes it becomes vibrant in color and is noticed even if for a while. Of course the time comes that it too must let go and drift off from its place of being and flow into the next journey of change. Whether it blows away to join another or drifts gently to the ground to dissolve and awaken into its next being – life goes on.



So we should let things be as they are. Knowing that all is well and as it should be. No questioning or struggle or holding on or holding back. I will flow gently with the seasons and winds of life.  So tonight I let go of any notions and pry loose my fingers that hold me back and I flow gently into my life. I breathe easily and gently with the leaves and let the wind take me where it may. I am one with nature as it always has been and as it always will be no matter or mind of my state of being. I am alive and a part of everything. I follow the road of my life and join in with all that is and will be and ever has been. And I wish the same for you - Namaste'.



No comments:

Post a Comment