Saturday, November 13, 2010

Some of my many and varied interests/Loves and things I believe in

The smell of the seasons, raindrops on leaves, and fallen leaves on the ground that crunch under your feet as you walk, snow days that are so quiet you can hear the flakes hit the ground and all the world comes to a quiet crawl,old churches and people of all ages, country roads and stars at night, Big Cities to visit and small towns to live in, road trips with no agenda, poetry and music, tears and laughter, joy and sorrow,challenges and struggles, opportunities and barriers, writing, blogging,reading, Facebook, email, using internet as my in home library, long conversations deep into the night, letting go and letting in, feeding and watching the birds outside my windows, the sound of the wind blowing down the mountain, being surrounded by my collection of music and books and things that bring me peace, Buddha statues, candles, chips and salsa, friends old and new and ones I have yet to meet, learning new things, letting go of old beliefs, welcoming new ones, treasuring each moment and living in the now, remembering the past and looking to the future no matter what it brings, listening to elders and the desire  to pass it on to others, gardens and farms, animals and creatures of all kinds, my fear of snakes and my love of dolphins, Charleston, Folly Beach, England and dreams of places I have yet to visit, shiny things that hang and reflect the light, wind chimes, mountains and deserts and seas, people of all races and colors and cultures, teachers and lovers of life, homeless and seekers of all kinds, rainbows and clouds, snow and sun,truth and activism, sharing and caring, living and learning, getting older, remembering when I was younger, going to places many don't want to go and walking a while there with others, caring for and being cared for, welcoming life and death as a part of all that should and as it is, letting go of fear, letting in hope,wrinkles that I call lifelines and am proud of them, my daughters and all of my family, windows with no curtains, old things that carry with them a history and a spirit of days gone by and those to come.people that aren't afraid to say I love you to either sex, being real, being me, being free to express myself, being heard and listening, my comfortable warm and cool bed at night whatever I need at the time, the ability to be grateful for all that I call my life.
Photography, Cooking, walks in the rain, Sunday Mornings, Coffee, A nice glass of wine,Downtown Asheville, Jubilee, Dancing, The Light Center in Black Mountain, friday night drum circles downtown,sharing, touching, hugs and gentle kisses, butterflies, the smell of wood fires in the winter drifting through the night, fireflies, stars, the moon, the sound of old radiators steaming and clanging or fires burning while they keep you warm, the smile of a person whom you have exchanged glances with, wildflowers and wild people, traveling from my chair with a good book or the travel channel, dreaming, cuddling, looking into someones eyes when they talk to me, reaching out my hand for yours....... I want to meet the real you, not the one you have come to believe you need to be in order to impress others. Anyone interested in taking a walk together a while in this wonderful journey of life to share what we have learned and learn from each other. I am open to all of these  and letting life takes its course.

No comments:

Post a Comment