Friday, October 22, 2010

My Mountain Home


Nestled here among the mountains and trees


I find peace like never before and I feel at ease
Sun is filtering through the leaves and slowly fading away
Bringing to close another day
The creatures   have started their nightly tune
Soon to be joined by others while waiting for the moon
To come shine it’s glory on this place I call home
Trying to grasp every moment before it is gone
It is as though time stands still in wonder
Even the clouds are resting and gently floating asunder
Just waiting for each part of nature to come play her part
Each passing moment leaving imprints on my heart
Day and night comes so easily here
No need to worry and nothing to fear
I feel embraced by these mountains of old
I hear the voices of those gone before and hear the stories told
The trees standing tall yet moving with grace
Just holding their own and knowing their place
Their roots planted deep and strong
Knowing just where they belong
The ground never questioning what shall come to lay its head
Always grounded sturdy and comforting like a bed
Where one can lie down gently and rest for a spell
Knowing all is as it should be and all shall be well

1 comment: