Monday, October 25, 2010

A rainy Fall day in my world

I am so grateful and blessed to be experiencing Fall here in these mountains. The colors are at their peak and although I am sorry to see them go they are leaving behind a different view from my house. I am discovering that where I once looked out into trees thick with leaves and foliage that I now see mountains in the distance. The mystery of this place continues to unfold. Today I awoke to one of my favorite kind of rainy days and it was difficult to leave here and venture towards the  downtown Asheville area where I work. Before leaving I was greeted with this view from my porch looking out into my yard.
But off I went and along the way I was gifted with views such as this heading down the mountain. Every curve held a different view and I was in awe.
Down I wound my way into town with every corner making me feel more alive and grateful for this adventure.
I felt I was having my own Alice in Wonderland adventure and found it difficult not to stop and capture what I could with my camera to share with you. But down and around I kept on while capturing what I could.
As I captured this last view while the curves turned into the straight lanes leading me into downtown I let it all sink in and ventured my way on to work. This road was the last pictures I got of my journey today as I went through this picturesque street in downtown Asheville near the Grovewood Cafe where I work,
And so began this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment