Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mountain Home


The ocean so far and wide
with the  tide that goes to and fro
you call  to me at times
 and there I must go
to feel the vast openness of the world
inside and outside of me
while dolphins swim and children young and old shall play
not a care it seems throughout the day
sunrises and sunsets that take your breath away and seem to send
 me to places unknown - a wonderful way to begin and end
but there deep inside I hear them calling to me
taking me back home away from the sea
to the warmth and  comfort of the mountains embrace
to where it always has and  always will be a place
that so softly whispers to my soul as no other has done
a place to sit quietly and watch and wonder what has begun
to where may this day take me -  only they will know
by a mountain stream or to a waterfall should I go
each day a mystery and wonder to behold and see
what powers and hidden treasures are just beneath my knee
as I kneel this fine spring day to plant and prune and grow
more than just what is edible -  but that which feeds my soul
your gentle winds blow not only through my hair but deep inside
screaming to me ..come out and play -- no need to hide
Oh mountain home you are a friend indeed
always there whenever I am in need
of a life so wonderful..so amazing that no words can describe
but one  - that if you know me - I am never able to hide
I am blessed
I am grateful to call you home

1 comment: